View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:03 PM
Knower

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
my main thing at the moment i guess is to gather chi cause when you have more of it you can do more stuff like chours around the house etc = motivation thats what my buddhist teacher says and it seems true
Society teach's us, more like reinforced improper teaching, that energy=actively moving Such as sports, chors, yard work etc etc.

Energy is more than just movement of the body. The mind,body, and soul all have enormous amount of energy, and with purpose. Society underestimates the amount of energy the mind and soul uses and produces. For instance how much mental energy it took Einstein to produce Theory of relativity, that professional athletes would been worn out from trying to keep up the same level of energy.

My point is ,in a way underlining nature if Tai Chi, how do you use your energy and how you direct it towards where you want it.
To touch on the topic of how much energy can someone acquire, to go back to Einstein- E=mc2...you can do the math if you like. The real question is how much energy can you handle, which is one of the other benefits of Tai Chi is that it's not about acquiring energy but being able to hold or maintain the energy.
I'll use lighting as an example. Humans can't take the full energy of a lighting bolt all at once
But if you take that same amount of energy from a lighting bolt and disperse it overtime untill all the energy has passed through you. The amount of energy at a time will be different for different people based on there threshold.

(I like to try to give visual aid as well, I am a perceptual thinkiner. I try to touch base in different levels of thinking... after all it takes energy to think)