View Single Post
Old 21-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Right, I'm the same way - small talk has its place, I think, in helping to create a civil and relatively harmonious environment, but for me it's a necessary evil in a culture that's afraid of real intimacy (whilst simultaneously yearning for it, on a deeper level). It's tolerable in small doses, but if I'm going to spend any length of time around others I really want to establish a deeper connection rather than perpetually skate on the surface of life, I'd honestly rather be alone than endure that sort of interaction for longer than a few minutes at a time because it just feels inauthentic, ultimately. At the same time I know many people aren't comfortable with going deeper, as you say, and that's fine, I understand their fear because I've felt it myself.

Hope it goes well

Yes, same here. I tolerate small talk on a first date and to a certain extent. But after a while I'm feeling like "I'm sorry but can we go deeper than this and REALLY get to know each other or are you closed off to that?".

That's why I am going on a second date with him, but if it is the same again (just superficial talk and avoiding certain questions), I'll question if I want to see him again.

I'm a deep person and I want to go deep in a relationship, so of course I need a partner who is open to that and wants the same.