View Single Post
Old 20-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Guide

This was a first date. Remember that. You're just barely getting to know this guy and you're asking some very personal questions.

If someone asked me questions like that on a first date, I'd likely change the subject or deflect the question. That's what he did when he said "yes I've never had children."

Sounds to me like you hit a touchy subject or came off as prying. What was he supposed to say? "I'm sterile" or "it just never happened for us?" This is a get-acquainted date, and pushing for deeply personal information just seems aggressive.

Now if the conversation just naturally flowed into a topic like that, it's an entirely different situation. But there still might be questions that simply make him wary and uncomfortable.

If his tattoo bothers you that much, don't pursue the relationship. If something like that bugs you now it might well totally tick you off over time. Just my opinion, but irritations most often magnify over time, or when you're angry.

I'd suggest pulling back and lightening up. Ask questions about the music he loves or his favorite movies. Ask what team he roots for. Be friendly and casual. And accept him as who he is. That's the only kind thing to do.