View Single Post
Old 21-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Yes, and there true/facts via nervous system { brain } observations and access and that systems access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.

If you dont want to observe the reality around us via your nervous system then more power to you.

If you dont want to access your metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept abilities, then why I are you using words to identify your observations in this thread? Do you understand why your actions appear to be hypocritical to whatever degree?

Cosmic truths/laws/principles do not contradict themselves or other cosmic laws/principles.

Humans do and your above is a glaring example of contradiction.

There exists this cake of reality we observe and communicate to self and others. You come along and eat the cake but then tell us the cake does not exist we should not eat it, even as your eating it.

Irrational, illogical and lacks most basic common sense.

You have not figured out nonduality till now.

There is nothing in nondualistic philosophy which states that one ought to stop observing reality around us for practical purposes. All it says is that we ought to switch off the thought process when the practical tasks is done, and don't live in thought and mental worlds all the time, divorced from existential reality.

As Allan Watts stated, "A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion."

This is hard to figure out considering the supreme importance the modern world, our educational curriculum and society gives to the intellect and intellectual abilities, and to thinking. If a man is not thinking incessantly, he is considered to be an idiot and not cool enough.

There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly.

The nondualist philosophy or advaita helped to decondition me from this habit, made me understand the nature of the mind, and helped give my mind a break.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon