View Single Post
Old 26-10-2017, 04:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I recently went to one of these..."free aromatherapy workshop" it said on the flyer in my letterbox...so I thought "cool beans, I'll go...I may actually learn something".

Turns out, all it was, was a distribution chain, similar to Avon, Amway, or Tupperware on the scout to recruit salespeople to work at commission in the large shopping malls. *sigh*

I ended up just buying an essential oil locket, like one of these, with 5 insertable disks:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless... ktkbM8GDlmPOw

I paid $30 for it, but noticed after that they were half that price on eBay *sighs more*

Suffice to say, the 'cult leader' wasn't impressed when I started using all the essential oils she presented for 'smelling purposes' to infuse all these felt pads with different aromas for my own use...serves them right...

The bottles of oil ranged from $40- $80 each with a spiel that the reason they were so expensive is because they are 'quality assured' by the company, which means absolutely nothing.

I could buy the same essential oils, which smelled the same for much cheaper than that.

The only thing that I learned through the whole process, is that I have a very strong liking and affinity for Copal/Copaiba oil...they hard a very hard time removing that one from my nostril holes...

It must have something to do with the fact I loved smelling tincture of benzoin as a kid...copal oil smelled similar, but a bit sweeter.

That was it. They never indoctrinated me into their little cult and I have experienced nothing like this since that time, many years ago, I attended a Herbalife 'sales camp' because my boyfriend at the time was a Herbalife rep...turns out when I didn't want to sell Herbalife, I got dumped.

Well, that was short-lived.

The many and various ways products and methods people will use to get gullible people to part with their money is infinite and never-ending. It almost feels like a cult, doesn't it?

omg every inch of this made me laugh haha thank you!

Did you see the herbal life doc on Netlix? shocking!