View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Lepus

Hello RedEmbers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Hi.

Sorry, I realise now that I did not elaborate very much.

Nothing really sinister. They operate for profit and with a multi level marketing (pyramid scheme) model.

This is similar to the working class or social group. There is the poor, middle, and upper class and of course the elite that controls most of the wealth. We contribute to the top percent or 1% that controls half of the world's wealth.

Quote:
Alot of people on the bottom of the pyramid invest their money as "distributers" or "wellness advocates". Typically in MLM's these people see little or no return in their investments into the company. The few people at the top of the pyramid make a lot of money.

These people are led to believe that they're doing it for a "good cause," like some of the charitable organizations and such. I heard the money doesn't go to the intended cause and rather into the pockets who runs the organization.

Quote:
This reminds me of the cult that I grew up in. We were poor financially already and worse still because the ministers of the cult pressured all its members to tithe weekly. Tithing was performed in a group where every member could see each other's contribution and the pressure to tithe was enormous.

The ministers at the top oc this church (or should I say corporation) were rich while the church members were often poor and struggling.

That's terrible. Have you branched off from this church? Have they been exposed to the community?

Quote:
Another thing with these MLM companies is that they claim to have secret and patented knowledge which is only available to paying members through their club.

They use emotional manipulation to create "group think"... this is like hypnosis where members start to only believe the story they have been told by the group.

There are so many aspects of these groups feel predatory to me.
Many of the things listed in this article sum up what the tactics essential oil MLM's use.

http://kaylafioravanti.com/twelve-signs-cult/

I'll check out the link. Thanks!

Blessed be,
Lepus