View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Spirituality 'IS' it is it's own reason for being. The historical drama of development, the rise and fall of civilisations, the development of tools etc. etc. as much of this as you believe, is just that, A Drama, a Creation as the Christians like to call it. Spirituality is the unconditioned, the unborn, the undying, God .. the drama of life exists within the unconditioned, the unconditioned exists within the drama of life. The Buddhist phrase 'Form is only emptiness, emptiness only Form' alludes to this.

To get back to your original question, Where does spirituality come from ? It doesn't come from anywhere in the ordinary sense of the word but is everywhere. Perhaps it reveals itself as the world proceeds ? It is an uncovering and a falling away rather than an acquisition, although various saints. mystics and practitioners of all faiths and traditions have made great efforts to know God. So it is an acquisition in that sense. That great efforts were made and results were had. Will spirit reveal itself so much that the whole world will become enlightened ? Interesting question and I think this is the question behind your question. Will the Biblical revelations prove to be true and the world destroy itself ? Or will facebook bring us closer to world unity and peace etc. ? interesting thanks for the opportunity to air a few views.
I agree to what your saying. I feel it also comes from oneself. Ever notice after an extreme personal event a level of "spiritually" fallows? For example you don't eat for a week, you work extremely hard for that meal. Then you get so happy, thank full and emotional you thank EVERYTHING for that meal. Is gives that meal a spiritual meaning.