View Single Post
Old 30-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Master
Hello,

The way I am getting what "ego" is pointing at is as follows.

There is a perceived view that one may have of oneself.
Created by what has been told and the way the mind has been conditioned to view oneself.
This affects how one may view the world, because the perception of what is happening gets filtered through what is thought to be.
This creates a blurred vision and perspective with in oneself.
The filtering system, I relate to as what may be termed "ego". Meaning one perceives it the way one thinks it to be.

So, through this it may block one from sensing, feeling, and experiencing it just being as it is happening.

Is it wrong or right? To me, no. For it is part of the way I grow and develop.
Recognizing the self made ways of looking at things and widening my view to see other ways as well.

But, there is a twist to this. Some may say that the "self" is just a creation of the individual perceptions and these create an identity of the self. Through working through these perception one may realize there is no self in its essence. Drop the perceptions, drop the "self"identity.

This is not to say the individual does not exist, but now the individual realizes being of it all. The "ego" no longer holds the power and no longer filters out through holding a self identity (self made perceptions) and open to that which is created as it happens and being. Letting it come and go.

A bit long winded here, but it is how I understand the philosophy behind the
"Ego" thing.

In this can see it is not so much about destroying as it about transforming.

Wel, this is my understanding at this time.