View Single Post
Old 15-11-2010, 02:24 AM
eraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2014
Hello again,

Throughout history we have had various helpers or truth bringers from the Light to assist mankind and lead them on to the right path (Jesus, Buddha, Lao-tse, Zoroaster, etc). Was our world the only one that was given help or were there other worlds as well?

I would also like to know with all these recent natural disasters whether they are the effects of mankind's wrongdoings and if so what can we as a society do to improve ourselves and this planet?

Thank you.

You bring up a couple of interesting questions, rom2014.

I agree that we have had various helpers, as you have described. (And more: Da Vinci, Shakespeare, Bhudda, Einstein and many others.) As to your question, I find it hard to believe that we are the only planet with sentient life in the Universe. And I believe thatall life is connected. It's not a stretch for me to think that other sentient beings on other planetary systems are being helped along in their development by similar geniuses/angels/guides/what/whom/ever.

I feel less certain about responding to your second question. It's hard for me to imagine that all the injuries we are inflicting on Mother Earth can have no rebound-type effect. I think it quite possible that the Earth has sentience and a degree of control over her geological systems. If she feels too hot -- she can find ways to cool down. And vice versa.

But what if she feels wounded? And angry? How might she react?

It gives one pause for thought.

As to what we might be able to do to help heal our planet, I think we're on the right track in many respects: reduce, re-use, recycle is a mantra the world needs to take to heart. We are learning to find greener alternatives to fossil fuels.

But quite simply, we need to exercise good stewardship. We need to take better care of the land and have more respect for its inhabitants. We need to learn the lessons of the aboriginal peoples: take only what we need and use all that we take, after having giving thanks.

Nature doesn't just prefer, or appreciate, or would really rather have, balance.

It demands it.

It WILL have it.

As mentioned, if it is too hot, it will cool off.

If it shivers, it will heat up.

If all it does is give - it will begin to take back.

If it feels unappreciated, it will find ways to express its dissatisfaction.

My answer is to honour the Earth. Save trees when you can. Plant new ones when you can't. Give deep, heartfelt thanks on both occasions.

The Earth is female. She creates, and she gives, and she blossoms when blessed with the simple gift of appreciation.

Be kind to the earth and its creatures. Be appreciative of its gifts. Find ways to gift back. There are many.

If we do all this and more, I think we'll be all right. It seems to me that more and more folks are becoming concerned about the right things. When enough minds and spirits are bent towards solving a problem, a solution is only a matter of time.

rom2014, seekers like yourself are the main reason for my optimism. :)