View Single Post
Old 15-08-2006, 03:57 AM
8-infinite-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
8-infinite-8 - - your answer surprises me. And - - since I am just getting back to it now - - and see there have been a number of posts since you replied to me - - I'll start back at that reply to me - - and see where we go from there.

It is surprising to me how the world today lives so much on false assumption. It amazes me how a person who knows nothing about another - - can just flat come out and say - - "you believe or know this or that - - or do not know this or that." I mean - - common courtesy would suggest that a person ASKS first - - before drawing such conclusions.

You state that I do not know why we exist. Please - - and I am asking nicely - - please understand that statement of yours to be your assumption. And - - I will also add this - - if you asked why we exist - - and I told you - - and you disputed it - - that would have *nothing* to do with its actual validity or not. It would only show your acceptance level of it.

This is not the first time I have run into this. Other people make so many claims - - such as - - "No one knows this - - " or "No one can understand that - - " and etc.

If that were the case - - the entire purpose / nature of the Path would only be an exercise in futility.

There are a couple of things you seem to overlook. One - - if you make such a statement - - to me - - or anyone else - - it is very obvious that you will NOT find out from them - - or from Life - - the "reason" why we exist. Attitude and expectation have a LOT to do with what one realizes in any particular lifetime. Two - - there "will" be no "evidence" as far as "proving" anything of a truly spiritual nature. The physical / psychic world understanding of what is - - cannot prove spiritual existence. If you wait for "evidence" - - as does so many others so this is NOT a criticism here - - but you will wait - - "forever."

Third - - you didn't "say" - - silence as opposed to music. You talked of silence. I addressed - - silence. The fact that there is Divine Music in IT all is another facet altogether. To try and bring them together so you can use one to negate the other is - - um - - "odd." But - - common. :->

To say the the perceptions of the human mind / human state of consciousness is limited - - is quite obvious. But - - what about the perceptions of Soul ?? Since that is indeed what we are - - by any name you wish to call It - - and one can most definitely learn to perceive of and thru Soul Itself - - which would be the Real Self - - then I would not be talking about the human state of consciousness now, would I ??

If you ask me can I / do I know and understand from the level of Soul - - I will not say - - for the reasons addressed above. Mostly - - you wouldn't believe me - - so why say so.

I guess my whole point is - - and I mean this in a gentle way - - and if you can accept it - - that is the way I wrote this entry for I mean no harsh criticism or ill intent - - my point is that if yo close so many doors - - you do just that. You close - - doors. You only make the Path longer. Most everyone does this - - without a doubt. The closing of doors and making the Path longer than it needs to be. But - - feel fortunate in that this has just been pointed out to you - - and in the kind understanding that this is just a part of the entire process.

What you do NOW - - is up to you. It is not up to anyone else. You can continue to say - - "You don't know this - - " or that "These things do not do this or that - - " or that "There is no evidence and I'm not going to believe until there is - - " - - or whatever.

There is an old saying - - "Only the brave and the adventurous know God."

Consider that when you consider what I have just said - - and what the underlying implications might be.

I truly mean no disrespect or anger here. None. I always thought your other entries to be quite profound and rather deep. Your reply to me was - - as I said - - surprising.

I wish you well.

Good Grief ! ! Then I scroll up and find out that Kundalini basically told you the same thing ! ! But then your reply to Kundalini - - was that "we" are meant to be limited. If you keep in mind that there actually is a "we" within each individual - - and that the lower world facets of body / emotions / and mind are indeed limited - - but that Soul is not - - if yo keep these straight - - then you have resolved your own dilemma. A part of "we" - - is limited. A part of "we" - - is most definitely not.

I have been promoting the whole concept of the "school room" for a long time. It is *not* my concept. The *world* will not get much better. But - - YOU - - can. Don't wait for the world to catch up to certain levels of awareness before you give yourself permission to accept "evidence." Move forward on your own. If you believe in manifestation - - and then claim that "it's not supposed to get any better" - - um - - what are you telling yourself there ?? Let the world / school room be what it is. YOU - - move on. Be bold / adventurous.

Peteyzen - - one of the HUGE facets to the whole concept of maya - - and why this world is illusion - - and why it all just doesn't seem to get better either overall or individually - - is because the inner controls the outer. The outer world is brought on by what we believe inside. THAT is the reality to which all adheres to - - whether they know it or not. And - - since few of us have any real self-discipline to take charge of the inner world - - the old patterns continue creating the outer, illusionary manifestations of our own beliefs.

The whole bit about us knowing *nothing* - - just leads many to take even LESS charge of their inner world - - only to the extent that they force their way into Silence. Then - - what is going to happen to their outer world ?? Do they expect it to just disappear ?? The old patterns are still there ! ! Still in existence. The fact that we deny that they control us means nothing ! ! The fact that we stick our head in the sand and then claim that the sand doesn't exist - - is - - sad ! ! And SO many are doing that these days. You and I have talked a bit about this.

Kundalini - - I am beginning to really like you ! ! :-> But - - you too - - remember that nothing needs to "block OUR spiritual gifts." Just do not let the negativity block YOURS. Again - - let the world be what it is. Stand strongly in the center and let the rest swirl around you.

I am not going to address the books / authors you brought up. If they fulfill you - - live their beliefs. If you need to move beyond them - - then the bold adventure continues.

Well Glorymist, I find that alot of what you have written is VERY condascending in parts & actually very contradicting also.
I've never read an essay on why I'm wrong, haha, quite odd really.
I'm not even going to mention where you were wrong because I don't feel the need to defend anything I've said, because no one is perfect & what I've said is ALL up for interepretation, you interperpret it how you wish.

I would ask that you be so critical of your self as you are of others also.
To give you a brief discription of my opinion, I think your primary statement was in itself a "limited" perspective in that, It is a possibility that silence was created & your statement about that was very blunt & not really open for discussion, & the fact it was directed at me, was as if you were making me wrong, but, I guess that could of been interpreted the wrong way also.
I'm not one for focusing much on making myself superior to others so thats all I'm going to say, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm being contradicting but, there's just too much there to process so this is just a brief summary on the vibe I got. I like to focus on the interesting stuff, not on why I'm wrong.

Blessings