View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Well I find it hard to believe that my cousin, who was brain damaged, was being punished for something in a previous life but according to what this guy I know said that seems to be the only explanation(based on what he believes).

I also believe that the soul chooses the circumstances of the life it enters. I vehemently disagree that your cousin was being punished for something by being born brain damaged.

Sometimes the soul needs to have life experiences like that in order to gain something for a future lifetime or to learn about something the soul might have done in a previous lifetime. It's not some punishment. It's a part of the evolution and learning of the soul.

A friend explained this to me once when I was talking about how simple my life really is in this lifetime. She reminded me of lifetimes where I was bent over a table with only candlelight to aid me as I wrote texts until my fingers could no longer straighten. Then, she explained to me that I had had SEVERAL really difficult or upsetting lifetimes in order to earn the karmic balance to have an easier life this time.

It's about balance and not punishment. The soul knows what it is doing.