View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Master
serious wound healing

hi! thank you for opening my thread.

when I say serious, I mean very serious...

If you don't want to read my story you can skip to the end where I say so that's what brings me here lol

My dad has had both of his legs amputated below the knees (they were about 5 years apart, some vein disease tho I'm sure his lifestyle contributes)

My dad has had a pretty troubled life and has tons of negativity, and some might say that his condition is karmic, But I personally would not say that.. and I love my dad even tho we haven't had a close relationship.. and I think he has a lot of potential and some wonderful qualities.

He is obviously very ignorant, and his current life is very sad. it was already sad, but not being able to move around and being in so much pain obviously magnifies that

He has been an alcoholic for as long as I can remember and also smoked cigarettes and did other drugs. currently I think that he just is on pain killers (probably oxycotin but I'm not sure) and smokes marijuana to combat the nausea they give him. He is also currently smoking cigarettes but he did quit for like 2 months recently with some prescription (I told him I used a homeopathic spray to quit after 10 years of smoking and I've been smoke-free for 3 years but he doesn't listen that well or care I guess. but I guess not smoking made his pain worse, not sure, I mean I wouldn't advocate him being on a prescription for it anyways)

the good news is that because of his growingly dire state he doesn't socialize much and has cut back a lot on his drinking alcohol. He always had a case of beer or wreaked of it as I grew up, (our parents divorced when I was 10 or younger and since then usually we saw him once or a few times a year) but the last time I visited him he hadn't really been drinking though he did have some beer on hand and I drank some just to deal with being there *sigh* lol sorry..

I was trying to tell him that he can help himself.. and open his eyes and stuff.. (I wrote a list with the limited knowledge I could think of and had then, and when I last talked to him he said he tried it for like 2 months but I highly doubt he really did what I suggested or to the extent I suggested it)
He isn't very receptive. his life consists of laying in bed in his studio apartment watching TV, two TVs usually for some reason.. Very loudly. and often old war shows.. he doesn't sleep for 8 consecutive hours ever because he has to get up to take his pain pills. he has some little portable stove thing in his room, but I think he usually just uses the microwave..
he drinks coca cola, and coffee in the morning I believe, and Sunny-D.. and the way he drinks water is by diluting his Sunny-D with a little bathroom tap water!
He doesn't get much fresh air.. his room was soooo smoky when I was there last, it was horrible. He doesn't have shins/feet so the bottom half of his bed is covered with gadgets and toys, mostly model airplanes and kits to fix them, as he has like maybe 50 airplanes around his little room and so much mess n stuff.. it is a shame and he just told me that his doctor is talking about cutting off more of his legs, above his knees. he's so ornery and doesn't want that to happen, but when I tell him that it's up to him and he can help himself he doesn't believe me. and I offer to help him figure out how to help himself, but he just resolves that he's doomed and there's no hope or help...

I am so sure that he can at least moderately heal himself and prevent having his legs cut off more.. I should also mention that the wound(s) aren't healing.. the more recent one, which I think it's been more than 2 years now, is worse off and I think it's just like a gigantic open sore, perhaps you can even see the bone, I don't know, but it's a deep sore.. (he has prosthetic legs but can't wear them because of the condition)

I know his lifestyle isn't conducive to healing, but I don't know how to get through to him, but I don't want to give up on him. and I believe he can get better.

I will not give up, and I will try more, but the clock is ticking. I don't know when he would have surgery scheduled again, so my goal is to pick him up something(s) affordable enough that will make a quick drastic difference.

and that is what brings me here lol... I don't know enough about everything offhand to particularly say what would be the best for all this.... I also know that he should have some sort of spiritual healing (I got him an amethyst and tried to enlighten him with a book or two and my speeches but he will be more receptive to a pill or something for now, at least the main concern is getting him healthy enough to not have further amputation) but if I am able to help him with that it will be an afterthought as I don't think there is anything that would convince him he could will himself to health or whatever..

so, I have studied a lot in general, and a couple material remedies come to mind, but they are just guesses or hunches, nothing I am confident enough in as you see this is sort of an emergency..
so I was hoping that somebody here would have some nice advice for us..

I was thinking of getting him grapefruit seed extract as the first order.
I don't have hundreds of dollars so I can only afford a couple things, but I am willing to sacrifice some of the little money I have for this endeavor.

another thing was possibly camphor root? or maybe castor oil? I don't want to do anything dangerous to him, but I read that those are good at "drawing" out impurities and promoting healing. I really don't know, so that's why I'm here

oil of oregano is another thing I was thinking of. there is much more, but as I've said I am just not sure lol, so I'll stop speculating and hopefully somebody has some suggestions. any thing is appreciated, thank you very much