View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Ciqala

I agree with Tink exactly.

Well, i know native american belief system, has very respected views on gay people, and all gender related sexualities, and they are seen as two spirited, and are believed for that reason to hold the abilities of spiritual power, and balance of masculine and feminine spirit that which straight people do not have, there are many mechanisms and beliefs around that which are very positive and respected. You can easily become a part of native spirituality if you find the resources, the spiritual part of that culture, is not judgemental upon "must be native race to believe this".
In many ancient cultures in fact that are still alive to this day, those belief systems do not hate on gay people, in fact revere them, you have many options to look for.

In all, when searching for a belief system in general, i would advise to believe in what you believe in your heart. It is fine to want to belong to something ordered - but spirituality in itself, and all belief systems are the same in the end, and intertwined and connected on a whole. You can easily make your own beliefs out of your own beliefs and personal experiences, which is a lot better than following what is preached to you, it is a good thing to resonate with your beliefs.
So research if you may, find the parts that you believe in your heart and go on your spiritual and faith journey from there. You do not necessarily have to belong to a church or organized system, you can easily delve into as many belief systems as you want, attend spiritual groups, meditation groups of all kinds. Just because you have a problem with one part of one that does not include gay people, doesn't mean you can't belong to it, and just exclude that part, faith is what you believe, don't worry what everyone else believes.