Thread: Lord Shiva
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
I think first impressions, if they're strong, can only be explained as carryover from a previous lifetime. When I first saw Nataraja, (not a picture) it was like my path was already chosen, right then and there, no hesitation, no decision, just Bingo, I'm home. Only later did I find he is at the very core of Saiva Siddhantam, dancing his eternal dance in the great hall. It was meant to be. There is no turning back.
Yes, precisely! That's why I always say that Shiva chose me and not vice versa.

As for Shaiva Siddhanta and the other schools, I just got through reading the Shaiva Agamas (again) and the Thirumurai, but there will be times I will also study the Lingayat Vachanas, times where I'll just read the works of Abhinavagupta, times where I'll get lost in the Spandanirṇaya, times where I will just go and watch the Shiva Purana again (for the dozenth time) or study the Tantras and the Trika school offerings, or do the Aghori ceremonies.

I wish I could just stick to one, but all of the schools have worth, merit and all worship Shiva in different ways and I like all the ways!

However, ever since I saw that photo above, some 40 years ago now, I couldn't stop staring at it. I knew...I just knew that I was 'home'....I was 'His'.

Aum Namah Shivaya