View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Administrator
Hello

Bloodstone - a favorite of mine.....

Bloodstone, green jasper dotted with bright red spots of iron oxide, was treasured in ancient times and long served as the birthstone for March.

Medieval Christians often used bloodstone to carve scenes of the crucifixion and martyrs, leading it to also be dubbed martyr's stone. The legend of the origin of bloodstone says that it was first formed when some drops of Christ's blood fell and stained some jasper at the foot of the cross.

Mystical Properties:

Bloodstone is said to have the power to predict future event. Its power may be enhanced by placing it in water and putting that water into direct sunlight. Bloodstone is said to help one with calming, in stressful or even survival situation.

Healing Properties:

Bloodstone helps with cleansing of the blood and any organ related/connected with the blood. It can detoxify the body in general. It is an excellent stone for healing which initiates renewal on most all level. Bloodstone works in overcoming depression and emotionally caused pain.

Magical Properties:

Bloodstone has been used in magic for at least three thousand years. In ancient Babylon, the stone was carried to overcome enemies and in ancient Egypt used to open doors, break bonds and even cause stone walls to fall.

Energy: Protective

Element: Fire

Powers:
Halting bleeding, healing, courage, wealth, strength, victory, power, business, legal matters, invisibility, agriculture. For protections it helps you gain control over negative spirits and to cast spells.

Chakra Classification: Root/Base Chakra and the 4th, or Heart Chakra

If you get it as pendulum it will usually be on a gold color chain. This seems to balance it off better.

It is a stone that either takes to you or does not take to you. There seems to be no middle ground with it from those I know that sell it and use it.

I gave mine to my middle Son as I felt that he was ready for it. It seems to like its new home.

Lynn