View Single Post
Old 24-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversOfBelief
Do you think after we die, we have the option of zero consciousness. As in we unplug from the system for a true eternal peace?

I've heard to it touched upon in the past, but no one really seems to discuss it.
I'm... not sure. First thing, I don't think it would be possible, if we believe that there is more to life than the physical, surely reality would be complex enough and your memories or experience of existing would make it pretty much impossible to destroy? Even if it is possible and we go with it, who would actually choose to not exist? Choosing to not play a part in this physical world is common, yes, but going again with the theory that there's MUCH more outside of this world, I would say it's very very unlikely anyone would choose to cease existing, as there would be an unlimited amount of love, stimulation and literally no negative energy or thoughts to feel depressed about. I don't see an actual reason to make such a choice. And not existing would be in no way peaceful at all, nor would it be chaos as we would not be existing to feel peace or chaos.