Thread: What is God?
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
So it would seem that my fate is indeed sealed, as you put it. But is that really so? Am I just doomed to a depressed existence forever, short of a miracle happening? What kind of loving God would do that?
You've heard about things like peeps becoming and being "the masters" of their own "fate", I presume.

Let me tell you, back in my thirties things events had gone so 'badly' (unfortunately, whatever - details unnecessary) for me that I become so depressed that it literally felt like I had to consciously choose and 'work' to 'breathe' (in)!

The "God" that operationally changed that was "me", my engaging in positive visualizations, prayers, etc. believing that my focusing of my psychospiritual power (i.e. Life-Force) could/might and conceivably would 'revive' and 'heal' my (then) badly bruised and beat-down 'spirit'. I believed this because I had reseacrhed and seen data pertaining to the 'power' of belief (i.e. of focused attituded and intent), which is in everyone - no 'other' "God" was postulated or considered necessary.

Just look up and read about the 'power' of hypnosis, whether said hypnotic state and 'suggested' 'beliefs' were 'activated' by a 'hypnotherapist' or by one's 'self' as in 'autohypnosis' by 'autosuggestion'.

See http://www.ibshypnosis.com/hypnosisabout.html (for just one article on the subject). There are a lot of research findings relating to the 'power' of (adopted!) 'beliefs'.

As I said, no 'other' (otherworldy or supernatural) "God" is required or needs to be postulated for personal well-being etc. to be improved by way of prayerful (intentional and attitudinal) invokecation

I remember one of my mental prayer 'exercises' and set of autosuggestions related thereto which I feel quite sure were quite healing and supportive of my 'getting out' of my 'depressed' state. On my walks (exercise helps with depression because endorphins are then released in ones body, btw!) I would mentally and emotionally 'address' any and all 'impressive' looking trees as I went by them, projecting/believing that their 'spirits' were indeed benign conscious entities, asking them to 'give' me some of their (spiritual) energy, i.e. to 'bless' me, and promising that I would 'bless' others, including trees that I walked by, in return with my (spiritual) energy when I had healed (which I believed could possibly 'happen) and my energy had once again become overflowing.

Your albeit disbelieving insistence on ('pleading' for) a "God"ly intervention is just another version for an impossible to believe in 'mommy angel' to 'intervene' on your behalf, Bro. You've heard "Be the 'change' you wish to see," right? Well, be 'loving' and so 'take care' of Life (your own included, of course), instead of plaintively looking'hoping for a Mommy-God to 'love' and 'take care' of you, dude!

The power of belief (Itself) deriving from your own psychospiritual soul-'power' is real and once incontrovertibly experienced, will not need any further proof and validation.

Drop your "Help my 'helpless a**' - and legs - get up and carry their own weight, even though I don't believe such 'help' will be forthcoming" self-defeating circular-logic 'lamentation' which will get you nowhere except into more of the same, "I can't believe in "God", 'woe is me!" meanderings.

First things first: there will be plenty of time and opportunity for you to explore and possibly access the cosmic dimensions of said power as it pervades 'the Cosmos', once you have your 'act' reasonably together and are in a position to be a 'power-full' ally who can help IT full-fill IT's larger-than-you purpose, Man!