View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 03:42 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
My right arm has been partially disabled at birth. The most movement I can get out of it, is to raise it about chest high level in front of me. This makes most if not all chi-gong movements to be extremely challenging.

I'm wondering how I can modify the moves to incorporate my disability. For example, I'm doing Falun Dafa microcosmic orbit where it requires the right arm to reach all the way to the back of the head and criss-cross formation. What I usually do is put my arm slightly to the side and just hold it there. I am not sure where my broke arm needs to be for the greatest effect. I heard that chi-gong is a flow and easy movements, but I often I find myself straining my right arm into the correct position.

Do you know how I can modify my arm movements to get the best possible effect?
I also practiced Falun Gong. I used to have excessive knee pains and I had problem bending down when doing the Falun Dafa microcosmic orbit. However, my knee pains disappeared after persevering for a month. My guess is that every individual is different and we will encounter different experiences.

My advice is that you persevere with the practice as many people reported significant health gains. Focus on learning the principles behind Zhuan Falun as they are just as important.

As with any practice, you need patience. Hope this helps. :-)