Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Bluegreen

I have always read that suicide is never good unless it is done for selfless reasons such as, for example, to stop oneself from betraying other people under torture.
We all have a role to fulfill and to commit suicide would leave a hole that cannot be filled by any other soul.
I have also read that the first thing someone said after committing suicide was "How stupid! Now I have to do it all over again." (It was in a book by Michael Newton.)

Quote:
Only Death may open the door to his Inn, and he who tries to enter as a felon shall be imprisoned. I have told you,..., that God does not give His children a burden they cannot carry if they will but use their strength. ... Each time that we are born there is a road which we must travel; in it there are valleys and mountains; wineshops and prisons. The road is not of our choosing, though it was made by us long since, but the manner of our journey lies in our own hands. The time we must spend on the road is allotted by God, and it has been decreed by Him that we must wait for death to summon us home. If this were not so, all of us who can see a little beyond the limitations of the flesh would put off our bodies like a leper's cloak: for beyond death there is all that we long to find on earth, in its perfection.
[...]
She was bound into the present, cut off not only from time but from her own spirit, so that when the water from her journey as Lucia returns into the jar of her experience, with it will go a memory so strong that she will never again seek the same way of escape: the escape that is no escape.
From Life as Carola by Joan Grant. A remembered life in 16th century Italy.