View Single Post
Old 26-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The Buddhist religion tries to accommodate what are referred to as 'householders' so it doesn't preclude anything that you mention. Not that I suggest any sort of conversion to any sort of religion - quite the contrary.
Thanks Gem. In my studies I concluded that his mention of householders was in the context of living like a monk in your home with your family.
Buddhism to me sets the bar in reference to relationships to be such that my grandson or wife or daughters or even my dog should come across as not being individuals or special and let's face it if "I" was to disappear then so would "you".
Who would possibly want to be in such a state and for what purpose other than some selfish goal or attainment.
My nature is selfless in that I would give anything for anybody but to lose sense of my individuality at the expense of losing sense of yours is just not something I could imagine or want.
In all honesty I have a powerful brain and an open heart and mind and this is what Buddhism is pointing to...no me....no you....and I just don't want that.
I hope I'm wrong in my accesment but if it was otherwise, I feel that I would know and so would everyone else.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness