View Single Post
Old 15-02-2020, 07:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
How I see it..

Even though we were given different "languages" (metaphorically of course), means that we never can or ever will be in full agreement over what we consider to be objectively true from any given subjective viewpoint.

Thus, the only way to agree with everyone would be to "agree to disagree" thus finding the unity within the diversity itself.

Of course there will be those who may speak the same "language" at any given time, however this could never be applied in general terms, only relativistic terms according to group consensus.

For you see, it was the hubris of mankind to build the tower of Babel in the first place...just like Icarus flying too close to the sun.

Understanding that it is our individual and unique experiences according to perception and cognition which "separates" us, the challenge for mankind...as it has been since the dawn of time...is to find that which we all have in common and it is not easy...well at least not from any material perspective or understanding because one needs to have the tower to the heavens already built to get it.

It is also why my favourite Tarot card is and always has been The Tower.

I was wondering if the fact of subjective disagreement about whatever we should want to consider objective wasn't the point of what is trying to be said... maybe they are deliberately trying to divorce us from that which we want?

Meanwhile, the idea of 'agreeing to disagree' makes me feel sick for whatever reason...

That is strange that you like towers, earlier I was going to write another thread about 'towers' but decided I was being over the top then gave up. maybe I will think about revisiting it tomorrow to see what your thoughts on that are.... it is getting late now though