View Single Post
Old 30-05-2012, 06:41 PM
coolchic101

Before I was attuned to reiki, I was going in person to a reiki practioner's home to receive regular treatments. When our financial situation changed, I could no longer afford $50 (which was her 1 hour going rate). I negotiated with her and asked for a $10 discount paying only $40, she hesitated but she agreed. She gave me reiki but when I felt her "vibe", it felt like she resented me for the lower price. I even noticed her behavior changed towards me, that she was less attentive and she became more arrogant. However, when I was paying her going rate, she was friendlier and outgoing and more attentive. I guess money changes people.
I stopped going to her for treatments because of the awkwardness and I eventually got attuned to reiki and started treating myself and others. I am not concerned about the money issue because the universe will give us what we deserve. The way I see it is by keeping a customer and receiving $40 regularly from them is 1 step closer to financial independance than losing a customer and making $0 from them.