View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's something I've been contemplating recently.

Awareness vs. mind and in this context: Awareness is of the spiritual realm and mind is of the scientific realm and there is no inherent conflict.

We have The Hard Problem of consciousness which can thought of as on the spiritual side and mind which can be thought of as on the scientific side and as purely deterministic. Spirituality says we have free will and science says that's an illusion.

I posit they are not contradictory views and play together quite nicely and especially when one directly experiences the space between them. Awareness is the seat of free will and the body-mind, a fantastic deterministic biological machine, only possesses self-will, which is deterministic.

I'm with you; I see science as integral to life on earth (in our advanced society and being bathed in tech). I also see consciousness as a fundamental force, like gravity, and living in dimensional space around but outside the scope of science. Any theory bringing the two together is bold, bound to cause strife and ultimately 'is' even though we can't prove it.

I'm no longer a fan of 'proof'; I much prefer experience. But that's just me.