View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobey
Haha! I understand what you’re saying completely but you can definitely look at them in different ways. I’ll try and counter your post but I do appreciate it.

I like tattoos because they make me feel good. I want, artful, meaningful tattoos for myself, not for attention off other people. Sometimes when I’m not having a great day and my mind is all over the place, I can see myself looking down at my arm and appreciating the art. It will remind me of the person I want to become, the person I am becoming. I want the tattoo not because I need to remind myself to worship the Buddha, but to become more like the Buddha.

You could look at it as anti-Buddha behaviour but it’s actually the opposite. What if someone becomes inspired by looking at it? It’s only making the world a tiny bit more positive! I like to think I’m not a pretender Hahahaha.

Anyway, why are the Thai people offended by this? Realistically it has nothing to do with them

If you visit a Country you should respect their culture as we expect visitors to respect our home.
Tattoos are seen as decorations in Thailand and Buddha's image shouldn't be used as a decoration. You say it will remind you to become more like the Buddha but didn't he renounce all worldly goods?