View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
quite......

Thanks for saying "quite", Mac. We Americans (DON'T call ME a "Yank"! ) always assume that Brits say that all the time. That and "Well, RA-THER!"

But anyway. . . yes, I assumed from the Thread heading that this was about the appearance of the discarnate body, in the afterlife. And the accounts I've read indicate that the person assumes the appearance - or at least, can assume it if he or she so desires - of themselves, in their prime, or at some particular age of their own life they choose.

This comes across "quite" frequently: in Spiritualistic materializations, after death communications, and near death experiences.

Frequently, for example, a near death experiencer will say something akin to "I saw my daughter there. My daughter died at age 5, 20 years ago, but I saw her as a beautiful woman in her mid 20's. I knew the instant I saw her that it was her!"

Or, "My grandparents were there! They both died about 10 years ago and they were both around 80 when they died, but when I saw them they were a young couple: strong, beautiful, healthy. But somehow I knew right away that it was them."

Jim