View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Knower

My best friend died 12 years ago this month. At the time, I believed there was no afterlife--that all the lights went out when we died and there was nothing left.

Three days after he died, I was sitting at my desk, paying bills. It was a gray, rainy day, and I felt immense sadness at his passing, as well as guilt and regret that I hadn't called him a week before, when I'd felt the sudden urge to. I finished what I was doing, then sat there for a few minutes, just looking out at the rain.

Suddenly, I sensed my friend's presence in the room with me. It was as if he was standing right behind me, only he was huge and filled the room. Then I felt what can best be described as the energetic equivalent of a warm, loving embrace from behind. It was such a powerful, intense experience, I knew it couldn't just be my imagination.

And as it happened I realized that I was experiencing my friend in an incredibly pure form--I was experiencing the essence of him, with all the heaviness and worries of earthly life burned off, so the best, wisest, most loving aspects of him were able to come right through. I was aware that he was seeing his life, and me, and our relationship with all its ups and downs with a much higher level of clarity, that he fully understood everything that had happened between us, and that I had nothing to feel sad, guilty, or regretful about.

And the two phrases that came through loud and clear were, I love you and It's all right.

The entire experience was incredibly brief--no more than 30 seconds. But it was so overwhelming and so powerful that to this day I've never forgotten the feelings I had, or the way the flood of his energy felt. In no time at all, he blew the doors off reality for me and gave me a fleeting glimpse of something so mind-blowing and beautiful I don't even have proper words for it. I still get weepy when I tell people the story face-to-face; the memory is still that intense.

It took me a long time to integrate that initial experience into my reality--it was just so much to take in all at once; I had to think on it and receive further insights before it felt comfortable and natural and didn't make my head spin. But it did immediately destroy any fear I had of death.

And over the years, I have occasionally been "pushed" to learn more, with new information showing up as I'm ready for it. I had a big surge at the end of this past summer, when I received Michael Newton's books (Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls) through an odd series of "coincidences." By now I'm attuned enough to know that it was really important that I read them immediately. As if to underscore that, one of my cats suddenly suffered a freak ailment and passed away two days after I received the books.

And I'm now using the stuff my friend taught me during that first post-death encounter, as well as everything else I've learned since, because my father's dying of cancer. We've always had an extremely difficult relationship, but now that I've been given information about soul purpose and soul agreements, and have started looking at us from that perspective, it's become easy for me to forgive him, act compassionately, and just do whatever he needs me to do--I'm no longer lugging around all the baggage we packed in this lifetime.

I haven't had another intense visit from my friend, though I have encountered him in dreams and I sometimes sense he's around, helping my guides to look after me. I still miss seeing him here, in physical form; I've yet to make another friend I was as close to as I was with him. But I know he's still out there, still exists, is helping me on my own journey as we both agreed before coming here, and that when it's my time to leave here he'll be waiting for me.