View Single Post
Old 21-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Master
When I hear the word "deviant", it reminds me of our Judaeochristian society and its belief in the never ending battle of ultimate good and evil. The scientific establishment comes from this part of the world,

The word gives me that impression also, and to be honest, i'm not a fan of the word itself. But do you mean that science itself is problematic, or just the present established order of what we call 'The scientific community'?

Ultimately - at least for me - if we have a genuine earnestness to get real with ourselves about what is happening here, it is all about connecting. No matter what human you find on planet earth, they all are seeking connection. They explore it through communities, their work, through what the earth and universe reveal to them, religion, etc. Ultimately everyone is trying to make their way back to the Divine by having a heart connection with whatever it is they do.

Very nicely put. I agree wholeheartedly. Part of the work i do at school, brings me this sense of connection. To the people there, students, teachers; as well as the work i do, and things i learn there.

I have a different take on the moral aspect of what you are saying; in my opinion, murdering someone for personal amusement, for example, is, in fact 'wrong'. Maybe it is part of the whole big ball of all, in a greater context, but as far as the personal level, it is necessary to label it unacceptable in the interest of protecting people from harm, in my opinion. The first right in the UN charter of rights and freedoms, the right to life. I believe in that one wholeheartedly, and in this sense, will be happy to make a value judgment.

As to good, evil, i'm personally not sure. Not big on saying 'good' 'evil' because it is hard to know. The only one really, i can judge is myself, in a sense. To the degree that i am aligned and within my natural element, and put forth an honest effort to be good and real to other people, then i could consider myself 'good' though not in a analytical sense, but in an intuitive, immediate one, as in adjusting my energy when i feel it is no longer containing proper integrity.

I do think there are limits, at least for me, for what i can accept as cultural relativism, though i do admit i may be influenced myself by cultural bias, in some cases.

My two cents. I think the main thing is though, is what you say about connection.