View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
That's really awesome, thanks for sharing it.

I was thinking about something like that (well, not like it, pretty much the exact same thing) recently. It's from Ken Keyes book, The Handbook to Higher Consciousness (which probably many of you are familiar with). One of the 'twelve pathways' is something like, 'I recognize how my emotion backed addictions influences my illusory version of the changing world of people and situations around me.'

He's basically saying the same thing you're saying. That when we have attachments, our 'version of things' will be influenced by that, and therefore not truly objective.
From The Bhagavad Gita, Ch.7, speaking to the same 'issue', I think :)

"They in whom wisdom is obscured by one desire or the other, worship the lesser Powers, practising many rites which vary according to their temperaments.
But whatever the form of worship, if the devotee have faith, then upon his faith in that worship do I set My own seal.
If he worships one form alone with real faith, then shall his desires be fulfilled through that only; for thus have I ordained.
The fruit that comes to men of limited insight is, after all, finite. They who worship the Lower Powers attain them; but those who worship Me come unto Me alone."