View Single Post
Old 14-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
^Go right ahead!

I looked at some pictures of New Zealand on Google Images last night, and as I looked at them, I almost cried tears of joy.
I suppose it wasn't Cape Reinga we call Te Rereinga Wairua, if you're ever there and you look out you can make out where the Tasman meets the Pacific, although both are included as Moananui A Kiwa. It's just that there's an under water trench and if you were to follow that trench it will lead back to another set of Islands. Seems a long way to go to see a lighthouse and an expanse of water. I suppose its not the Tane Mahuta tree in the Waipoua Forest. Seems like a long way to go to see a tree. There's the 90 mile beach that is only about 64 miles long. I'm guessing the curse of the Chinese 6 has plagued the mathematics in this when they rounded it off.lol I know it wasn't the pink and white terraces that aren't there now. Not far from Matauri that's Mah Toe rrrreeeee beach is where the Rainbow warrior was sunk, they might still have horse treks there btw. You might even get to see a replica of the carved Waka/Canoe there, if not its probably in the next bay Takou or somewhere near by. If you go anywhere around there because Kerikeri is down the road approx 20-40 mins away. Mostly oranges from the many orchards in the area. I believe there are historical places there. There the hot pools and geysers in Rotorua you could see and lake Taupo in the area as well as Turangi and other places. From there I would hit the Napier Taupo rd to visit the beautiful Central East Coast. Don't be surprised to find out that the Waikato river flows northward which in times past that Maori would say things like "ok lets go down to Whangarei when they would leave a place like Rotorua for instance. If you see the North Island as the Fish of Maui that's the direction the blood should flow. These are just some more suggestions if you should venture here.