View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Pathfinder

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
First, I want to say there is nothing wrong for posting thoughts from an honest and genuine mind...Even if later down the line you reflect back on what you've posted and may have a new/different perspective on the thoughts you've posted, there is no shame in posting what you are feeling *in this moment* because what you are posting right now is authentic to you, here in the Now...

One thing I would like to stress is when it comes to pursuing potential romantic relationships, I believe it's wise to make a clean break with your current partner if there are existing problems within the relationship that can not be worked on, independent of external influences from other individuals...If you break up with someone for the primary reason of starting a new relationship with someone else, you may carry the same "baggage" with you into the new relationship and the cycle may repeat itself until you clear the "baggage" you hold within you...

Thanks for your reply :)

It took a few months after meeting with the tf (had to happen in its own time as you said) bit I really have made a clean break from this other person for the right reasons, not in hopes of getting back with the tf.

I'm not saying he wasn't a catalyst for an overdue change in the situation, but I was sure he was never going to speak to me again after that anyway. He disappeared for a while but maybe he was just giving me the time to see if I would do it on my own?

That's part of what makes this connection so different, he genuinely wants me to make these decisions for myself, possessiveness isn't a factor. And when he wasn't a relationship I never tried to manipulate the situation for the same reasons..