View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
Suppose two souls enter heaven. By God's will the two souls had extreme routes in life. One grew up poor, struggled in life, often hungry, had no friends or family, faced many hardships and generally suffered their entire life. While the other was born with money, had many opportunities and varied experiences, had many friends, had a happy marriage with a loving family, and generally had what most would call a great life.

During the next eternity, would there be any differences in what the souls experience in heaven based on how their lives went? The soul who had a richer life, with extended friends and family would they necessary have a richer experience in heaven being reunited with all the people they had ties during life?

i think it is pretty clear what the bible says about the end result of those two disparate ways of life. It is summed up again here: the last become first and many of the first become last. and again it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. And many other such things were said which the rich people willfully ignore in their quest to think highly of themselves and their riches. And the poor people don't know enough to take heart in their own plight - again because of what was said about their own ending what they get from all this is wondrous! All very sad, that there are so many lies going around and people buy into them. But I guess we were told about THAT too... but in the end it is just another thing to ignore on the basis that we simply don't like the idea, I suppose.