View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 04:03 AM
Master
Thank you to both of you so much for your kind responses.

In my tradition of Agama Hindu Dharma, the Trimurti is Supreme Lord, but try as much as I would like to, I can't get over being a total monotheistic Hindu...which, I am fully aware, is a contradiction in terms. lol

Of course I realise Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma exists, but for me they are only manifestations of Shiva - as basically everything is.

To worship three gods...or even a three-in-one god is just totally confusing for me, when I could just cut straight to the chase and worship a single, omnipotent, all-powerful god, right?

Then, of course you realise none of the Puranas would make any sense whatsoever if one god was all three gods.

For example, who sprang out of Vishnu's navel? and also there's the Jyotir Lingam story where Brahma and Vishnu couldn't find the end of Shiva's light...not to mention Shiva and Vishnu almost coming to blows one moment over the protection offered to Prajapati Daksh and then being very lovey-dovey the next when Vishnu takes the form of Mohini to vanquish Bhasmasura...

Yeah, I just can't get my head around all of that. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya