Thread: Meditate on God
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Meditation on God?

Well, now you're talkin' my language !
Without a Guru, that may teach you exactly how to focus the Mind on
that which is Infinite and Eternal, yet, is within you...and accessible...
by yourself, I could tell you where to start !

You don't know me, so why listen to anything I have to say, tho...
...so listen to your intuition and follow what rings true for you.

There are many techniques that help calm the Mind...which is necessary.
Anything that calms or slows down thoughts is great...so I am not knocking them.
But, I would suggest a more direct route.

First, whenever you sit...your intention set is so very important.
In your heart, set the clear, sincere intention to connect with 'God'...
whatever idea you have of 'the All That Is'.
Anything else...drop it...example: to relieve stress, find an answer to a problem, find some peace...
Nope, your focus is on God Himself (Who has no gender), the Divine, the Godhead, the Creator,
Father, Higher Self, the One Consciousness that creates Universes and lies within all that exists, That Which
always was and will ever be...am I right?

So, Practice the Presence.

Sit in stillness and silence...open your mind, expand your awareness to the subtle...this is a place (the Secret Place of Psalm 91)
to not be aware of the body, thoughts or the world...
Tho, you may start becoming aware of sounds in the world not heard before, sensations not felt before...this is why it is called 'Practice'.
(Even baseball players warm up their muscles to prepare themselves.)

I would suggest later, big time, to place comfy, good earplugs in.
There will be a world of endless of sounds within, called Divine music, Music of the Spheres, Celestial Harmonies...Kabir writes about the
'unstruck strings'....you will find that within...once the thoughts are stilled...and your focus is within.

I could go on and on....but, this is a good start.
Be filled with wonder and expectation...know that this God... this profound experience
of this Spiritual Being can be experienced within beyond the mind and senses...we as humans were built for this intimacy with our Creator.

This is my experience of 44 years of deep meditation of hours and hours
and hours and hours and hours and hours of sitting in one session.

This is not a 10 minutes a day 'thing'...and during the day...keep the mind
and thoughts pure and kind.
As Paul said in Col 3:2....'..focus on the things above and not the things on the earth.'

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru