View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I've been vegan for ten years and I don't pay too much attention to fat per se. My health is excellent according to blood tests I had done last year and I feel great. I occasionally use coconut oil but because it's a saturated fat, I use it sparingly. Mostly I use an organic canola oil, I eat avocados and a tiny bit of walnuts for the sake of the omega 3's and I do use coconut milk for curry dishes.

There are some whole food plant based groups that eat only plants (they aren't vegans) and some of them really avoid the fat. The good thing for them is that there are numerous success stories on being cured of really bad diseases because they gave up meat. Like I chatted with one lady who, between her husband and her, reversed heart disease, fatty liver disease and MS!

I don't understand why you think slim plant eaters who avoid fat would be crabby.

Sorry I just noticed trying low fat vegan I was quite crabby and I don't know any low fat vegans in person so I'm certainly not one to judge; but I've seen alot of pics and videos where they look emaciated; next to no body fat; hunger seems to make people crabby. I totally believe in it though; I cleared up some ongoing health issues going raw vegan (not low fat); I suppose it's more for my vanity and mood that I'd like to eat more fats as I find myself not feeling my best with no or next to no fat. Totally ungrounded feeling...I'm already pretty thin and wanted to know a wider variety of fatty foods I can work with and add to dishes. Thanks! :)