View Single Post
Old 14-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb
What I have a really hard time is reconciling all the contradictions I hear ...

Hello Caleb - some thoughts you might (or might not!) wish to consider:

Premise: Spirit is 'magical', such that "one (magically!) 'attracts', i.e. 'creates' whatever one believes and expects can and will be 'the case' ... as is implicit in "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

That you are caught up in and unable to resolve 'contradictions' (by your own admission) suggests (to me at least) that 'contradication' and 'irresolution' is what you are really spiritually 'attracting' (i.e. 'asking' for, even though you may imagine/wish the 'opposite' to be the case).

How can I 'explain' this? Jesus said "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." This suggests that there may be something 'wrong' ('split'?) about your motives or that your 'faith' may be 'wanting'.

My 'pointer' to you in this regard is for you to consider the possibility that if you were really 'open' to 'seeing' the similarities and convergences between the 'teachings' you have considered, then that is what you would have 'seen', that is assuming your 'conscience' was 'clear' (people whose 'conscience' is conflicted tend to feel that they are undeserving and so 'magically' experience the very opposite of what they 'wish' for).

I would suggest you consider he proposition that you will (magically) 'create' more of the same kind of experience which you report you have been having (despite your 'wish' not to) unless you introspectively examine and change whatever it is 'in' you that is (magically) being about such result.

One clue: for a person to (magically) create and so experience greater 'wealth' he/she must begin by seeing and embracing the fact that he/she is already 'wealthy'. What is called 'poverty thinking' and motivation stemming therefrom will only (magically) result in one's creating and experiencing more and different kind of 'poverty'. The same principle applies to things like 'clarity', 'understanding' and 'wisdom' pertaining to the 'truth' as goals.

What anyone (here or elsewhere) says to you will be of no avail if you do not make the necessary change 'in' yourself in this regard first.