View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I too have been working with affirmations for exactly 20 years this year, and would suggest that affirmative "injections" through hypnotism are somewhat different from the ordinary person hoping to benefit without that. Affirmations can only work when they "instil a new drive from within". (I substituted for attitude deliberately but it doesn't really matter.)

Affirmations are basically simple. They don't need books about them. I've voiced my ideas and findings several times here but it seems these days people are generally happier if they've bought a book crammed with words - an authoritative voice - but omitting two things: the willingness and staying power of the "affirmer".

But then, I'm more traditionalist if, at one time, a moderately heavy user of the technique with good evidence it works. Of course, one can't be both things at once: successful and unsuccessful but it does seem my ongoing success in multimedia freelancing can be attributed to affirmation. Perhaps I'm wrong and like many entrepreneurs affirmation is naturally a feature of my build.

Point is, if someone wants to better themselves and it's a practical proposition, affirmation works and effort goes into framing the affirmation whether or not you call it a suggestion. The technique has been around probably as long as humanity but the 21st century has spawned a lot of on-line nonsense and pseudo-gurus aiming to make money from oft-specious books when it could be summed up on a sheet of A4 paper.

Absolutely! In my opinion, affirmations are great when added to a plan of action. If they are used alone then they should be used to motivate the user to create a plan of action.

What you say is true and is where the dichotomy is. If you have the will and drive to constantly recite affirmations then you probably don't need them. You are already moving in the right direction.

This is why I always suggest people record their affirmations because the amygdala will fight the user during the "rewiring process." In other words, that defense mechanism will exhaust and drain the person of all motivation to continue reciting suggestions to their self so things will stay the same.

What is your opinion on QHHT? I have seen youtube videos and it never looks like the people in a trance are in a deep delta state. When in that deep a trance, they should look like they had a stroke. Instead, their faces look perky like they are taking a light nap.