View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 02:24 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
Silver - Do you know your mom's Moon sign, or Ascendant sign? She may feel/act like a Cancer because of those.

Please remember that astrology is more than a person's sun sign.

If you met me on the street, or even if you worked with me for years, you would NEVER guess I was an Aries sun sign unless I told you. Why? Maturity plays a part. When I was younger I was more Aries but once my progressed sun moved from Aries to Taurus I mellowed WAY out. ;)

The other part is that I have a Cancer ascendant. The ascendant is our mask or our energy filter. People who barely know me and only judge me from looks and surface layers of my projections will see Cancer traits and only Cancer traits.

The third part of that is my Moon sign. People who know me best see my moon sign (Pisces). We tend to guard our moons since they are the vulnerable, emotional side of us, but family and close friends would all point to my Pisces moon as the best definition of me.

And... one more feature... the natal house where your planets lie in your chart also have an impact on "what people see." For example, when you are at work people see your 10th house planets (or the ruler of your 10th house sign if empty) as the energy you project, your neighbors see your 3rd house planets (or the 3rd house ruler), etc.

Long ago, I used to get into it deeper like that - I think I had my sun and moon in Pisces but don't fully recall. One of the important ones was in Taurus. It's fascinating to know the finer details.