View Single Post
Old 13-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
What a kind and thoughtful way of redirecting the conversation...

Lol. I can be quite a bit more kind & thoughtful if you desire.

Because it is, after all, a tad disrespectful to not research other people's cultural beliefs. Even if you weren't aware of the fact they were going on about ancestral worship and not heritage they introduce themselves as belonging to a cultural group that still believes in ancestral worship. I know this because I have friends from near that area who are likewise into ancestral worship; but for others there is always google.

Ancestral worship is distinctive. And no fae, deities, etc. do not count.

The ancestors do care about their descendants, they don't just throw you to the wolves. If you believe they "don't care" it is because you actually don't care for them. It is literally tic for tac as the saying goes. I said there are places where ancestral worship is still quite high and where tourists will get sick for not showing proper respect or asking permission while the locals will remain very healthy. Even in the US - there's aboriginal tribes which still obey ancestral worship rules and where outsiders [hunters, hikers, etc.] who trespass without showing proper respect are well known to simply disappear. Headless Valley in British Columbia is a good example of that lack of respect and what can happen in extreme situations. There's also a place in southern Europe where it is said if you but utter the name of the Christian god in its presence that something will literally tear you limb from limb because of how those of the Inquisition treated that thing's worshippers.

I for example once, in Montana, ran into a cougar when trekking the backwoods of a reserve. There was, at closest, just 25 feet between us. This was no baby puma, this was a nearly mature adult male. And he wasn't frightened in the slightest, more curious about some bizarre two-legged beast on his land. I am sitting here typing instead of being inside some cat's stomach [for all I had with me was a walking stick] because before I even started I visited one of the Elders and asked permission to venture onto their land. I didn't just say, heck with rules [of any sort]. This isn't the first time I have had close encounters with some major predator as I love exploring, wandering far off the beaten path. Now how many people have run into cougars or bears or wolves in the backwoods and don't come out again.