View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Like many others, you've confused 'spiritualism' (or 'spirituality') with Spiritualism. Follow this link:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26564&page=2

for the discussion of the definition (posting #1) which is shown below it.

"Spiritualism is an officially registered, legally recognised, religion in a number of countries. It's also been described as a philosophy and a science.

Adherents of its teachings and guidance will often refer to themselves as Spiritualists. Some will be regular members of a church or centre. Others will rarely, or never, be seen at one.

Spiritualism (or Modern Spiritualism to signify its most-recent appearance) asks no belief or faith. It teaches that we all survive physical death into continuing life elsewhere. Abundant evidence of that has been provided through mediumship for over a century.

A medium is someone who facilitates communication between those alive here in this dimension and others who are still alive but in the 'spirit' dimensions. Where evidence of identity is obtained by a medium - as for example from a deceased relative or friend - it may be termed evidential mediumship.

Other mediums have facilitated communications from spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. Their guidance has provided a framework of understanding about what happens after death. Teachings have been widely recorded in books and some were recorded electronically at the time they were given. "

Yes you are right , my knowledge of this words is different from the actual meaning .
I had check it out from Goggle seems to be a religion or some kind of faith which is new to me .
Thanks for your informations , I will avoid using this word again .
CSEe