View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Wouldn't you agree that the more regularly you do it, the faster you can progress and the more centred and balanced your positions will be?

I agree that a regular practice of listening to what you need, and responding to it is by far the best practice. I just pointed out that in the moments where there are pain you have to back off and find another approach. I remember a gentle or relaxed class during my yoga training where earlier that day had done a very graceful drop out of a handstand (at least it felt graceful, and my yoga partner said it was like i fell in slow motion haha). My lower back was hurting a bit from the fall, and I was very insecure going in to that practice, and soon in how found places I couldn't really move without pushing through. So I settled back and softened my approach, and i ended up being a fantastic class where my pain subsided, and I found more freedom in my movement.

What kind of yoga are you doing, because maybe there are other styles that suits your daughter better.