View Single Post
Old 24-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Master
Guess What Day It Is!

All,

Can you guess what day it is....better than, say, a certain talking camel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2s0RPrdB_8

No idea what day it is? Well, let me help you get over the hump

The talking camel's insistence notwithstanding, today is....

....whatever day you say it is!

(Geez, Louise, doesn't Guthrio even know what day it is? He must be screwier than we thought!!)

To be honest, it is a screwy idea to even question what day it is. I mean, isn't it OBVIOUS? It's Sunday March 24th 2019, isn't it?

Doesn't the very software Spiritual Forums uses to catalog the day, date, and time each post is saved MAKE it obvious?

Don't you have to "clock in" each day you work, and don't you look forward to the "days" you don't have to work, like I do? That's perfectly logical.

So here's the "hump" I could not logically surmount, as I questioned myself about "what day it is":

Is it Sunday March 24th 2019...ANYWHERE ELSE IN CREATION, except where most folks on Earth have chosen to recognize an artifice called a calendar, to TELL THEM what day it is? Mind you, even on Earth, not everyone even uses the same artifice (calendar) to TELL THEM what day it is (think Chinese New Year), or anywhere else a different method of telling ourselves what day it is exists, right?

Is it Sunday March 24th 2019 on the Sun, or on any of its other planets, besides Earth, or on the Sun's closest neighbor Alpha Centauri, or on any of the stars or planets within Andromeda, the nearest galaxy? Will human explorers of any of those locations actually tell themselves it's Sunday March 24th of "some future date"? So why ONLY on Earth do we say we "know" what day it is?

The answers to these questions are equally OBVIOUS (why is the camel silent? The camel is silent because you didn't turn the sound up on the video!) Geez, Louise!

But seriously, even with the sound turned down, the camel knows that without the use of artifices such as calendars and clocks, we don't know what day it is! ....which is really screwy, isn't it?

So what's the point, one may ask? If we don't know what day it is without using the artifices of clocks and calendars to tell each other so, what's the use of knowing that?

So you can get the idea that, even with calendars or clocks, there is NO next week to get things done, there is NO tomorrow to wait for answers, there is NO next year to celebrate (or lament) getting "another year older and deeper in debt", there is NO next time to win the lottery...

....other than the ONLY gift you "presently" have NOW.

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.”
Babatunde Olatunji

That is, unless you believe that a talking camel can convince you to deny the Omnipresent Truth your Higher Self has been silently whispering to you, right? Other than that.....

Now you never have to guess what day it is in the Garden of You!

Reference:http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=19 How is it possible to know your future?

Reference: http://www.auspiciousness.org/dare-to-assume-it/ Dare to assume it!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 25-03-2019 at 06:15 AM.