View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 12:13 AM
Master
There are no such things as things.

All,

I didn't realize that. I thought things are things. Then I read, a little further down the paragraph in the reference below, that:

"....the world doesn't come thinged; it doesn't come evented."

How could I have missed seeing something so obvious?

Isn't there such a thing as today Saturday, the 24th of November 2018?

Reading further, I discover why IT IS NOT:

"You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean. The ocean waves, and the universe peoples. And as I wave and say to you 'Yoo-hoo!' the world is waving with me at you and saying 'Hi! I'm here!' But we are consciousness of the way we feel and sense our existence. Being based on a myth that we are made, that we are parts, that we are things, our consciousness has been influenced, so that each one of us does not feel that. We have been hypnotized, literally hypnotized by social convention into feeling and sensing that we exist only inside our skins."

By the time I continue through this 1st of three articles below, I am amazed at just how prevalent this myth we've told ourselves about who and what we are is.

I was even more surprised to read "So you see, when you ask 'How to I obtain the knowledge of God, how do I obtain the knowledge of liberation?' all I can say is it's the wrong question."

If that's the wrong question, what is the right one?

If you give yourself the privilege and pleasure of journeying with the speaker, Alan Watts, to the end of the 3rd article in his excellent talk, "The Nature of Consciousness", you may find yourself surprised to ascertain what the right question is, and why it so essential to the conclusion he has reached through it.....

"Well, in a few years, it will be a matter of common sense to many people that they're one with the universe. It'll be so simple. And then maybe if that happens, we shall be in a position to handle our technology with more sense. With love instead of with hate for our environment."

Now, isn't that some-thing to consider?

....in the Garden of You?

Reference: https://www.esolibris.com/articles/r...ousness_01.php
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)