View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Master
Mom, Dad, How Did I Get Here?

All,

That is the perennial question, isn't it?

Soooooo, how many versions of the answer are there, hmmmm?

Well, you could say that there are "laws of attraction"....and there are Laws of Attraction, right?

I found the following to provide an all-encompassing answer that covers everything from "birds and bees to storks and seeds".

As excerpted from John McDonald's excellent book "The Message of a Master" (see 1st sentence in Chapter 8 of the reference below):

How did you get here? You grew from a minute cell smaller than the point of a pin. Just think! A cell or seed the size of a pin point contained within itself in essence and in entirety, the wonderful being that you are today.Surely, that cell could not possibly contain the material forms, no matter how infinitesimal they might be, of body, head, hair, arms, legs, hands, feet and all the wonderful organs of the body. "

Now, having passed the first perennial gauntlet, if you want to preclude having no answer to the next OBVIOUS question, "Soooooo, Mom, Dad, how did I get from there to here?" .....use this one (from the very next paragraph in Chapter 8)

"Well, then, how did you arrive at your full stature as you now appear? There is but one logical answer – that cell contained a spark of Mind, the one and only power supreme in man. That spark of mind, true to the law of its own being, held a fixed image or picture of you and you unfolded, grew and eventually out-pictured or become objectified in obedience to that law"

VOILA!

"Soooooo, Mom, Dad, what is a "spark of mind" and how does that apply to me??" Didn't see that one coming?

At this point, you may choose to search for a dictionary to explain what a "metaphor" is, or hurriedly send Junior or Princess out to play, while you and your spouse take turns wiping each other's fevered brow!

....or you can begin to show and tell them, from examples gleaned of your own successful, well-practiced experience, how that is all about the very last sentence in the very last page (page 49) of everything you've learned from actualizing the messages underlying this excellent book, referenced below. "By all means, practice it."

Now! When Junior or Princess, (having applied those lessons on the "playground" of Life for the last 10 or so years), asks "Sooooooo, Mom, Dad, need some help ?".....you can confidently tell them:

...."Baby"! You've got this!.....because you've practiced its mastery often enough, to know that you will always receive the good things you've wanted in Life, just like we taught you. Pass it on to those in need !!"

Hope you didn't think I was talking about something else here, besides the Laws of Attraction in the Garden of You, huh?....

Reference: https://www.law-of-attraction-haven....f-a-master.pdf
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 13-08-2018 at 12:52 AM.