View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 01:41 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Even 'true' mediums can be wrong because the messages they receive may be somewhat distorted and as a result misinterpreted. Therefore asking for a payment without guarenteed accuracy in a reading is also plain unfair if you ask me. And by the way there are better ways to earn money, like getting a REAL job.

There are no 'true' mediums. There are mediums and there are those that aren't mediums. Distortion of the intended message and/or inaccuracy is an unfortunate part of often difficult communication. Misinterpretation of what's said also happens when folk in this world speak to one another. Imagine how much more difficult it is being a link across two very different dimensions. That it happens at all is something amazing!

Payment for a service rendered is a tricky one. I agree with what you've suggested and feel that a medium with integrity should offer a reduction in their charge if successful communication hasn't been achieved. And that can be a contentious issue but before starting I think a practitioner should indicate what their sitters can reasonably expect for the fee they charge. It's a tough one, though, and one I've discussed many times over the years.

In the end, though, the process of mediumship deserves to be a fair one for both parties involved.

As for getting a real job well I don't consider I have any right to tell anyone how to live their lives BUT some mediums do have full-time, regular jobs and work as mediums in their leisure time. And some don't charge or make a small charge to cover additional expenses like heating and furnishing a dedicated room. Perhaps you feel they should do it for free and stand all such additional costs? Fair enough if you do, it's an honest opinion.