View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Determined
The typically Religious person may quote:

"I'm basically good, if anyone deserves to go to heaven, I certainly do!"

That person trusts in a faulty foundation of their own good efforts, their own religious deeds and their own ability to keep the law.

The problem that most people face is that they look and compare themselves with other people instead of God’s Word. It is unwise to compare ourselves to someone else because everybody is totally different.

Each one of us has been created in God’s own image, but very unique at the same time. There is no one else exactly like you nor will there ever be.

We must be careful about comparing ourselves with others. This unwise practice has caused many unsaved folks to believe a lie!

It’s very easy to view one’s self as being righteous if we COMPARE ourselves to our fellow mankind. Surely most people will look good in their own eyes if they watch the evening news as we hear of all the scandals and crimes being committed.

"I'm basically a SINNER. If anyone deserves to go to Hell, then I certainly do! But God has saved me by His grace."

" I'm basically good, if anyone deserves to go to heaven, I certainly do!"
" I'm basically a SINNER. If anyone deserves to go to Hell, then I certainly do "

I personally have never heard anyone utter these words.

" Each one of us has been created in God’s own image "
And likeness.