View Single Post
Old 28-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
I would say let the afterlife take care of itself...you most likely have no knowledge of your previous birth....so how has that helped you now?...how will that knowledge help you in the future? Like the title of a Ram Dass book
" BE HERE NOW"....I guess that sums it up; in the title alone

if you believe in the afterlife...this implies that you already know that your consciousness continues...and it does....until it merges into the absolute..which is a singularity...it is prior to the I AM which is prior to the body.

This information is not easy to convey...words are woefully inadequate ....but I still love them :)

Love
acorn

This piece implies your consciousness ceases to exist when it "merges into the absolute", and it doesn't. Otherwise reincarnation could not exist. Your consciousness can not with the first life exist, then stop existing at source, and with the next life continue like nothing happened. It either never existed at all, or it always existed non-stop. Since you are here now reading this, it always existed non-stop.

Also, everybody (except those who are new souls here on earth of course), are more in contact with their previous lives than they know. If you are trying to remember your previous lives, in most cases, you won't get names, faces and facts. What you get are feelings and ideas. What do you like more than anything? What do you fear? What is on your mind all the time? And all seemingly without a very good reason or cause.
You can know a lot about your previous lives if you know what to look for, and especially if you know how to look. You don't need to have special powers at all.