View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Cal

Hi Sparrow,

Last night on Netflix I watched a National Geographic documentary about death called Moment of Death; the process and dying and what people's awareness may experience under different senarios and types of deaths. It was mostly from a scientific or medical perspective but they did touch upon NDE in a few cases, sorting of leaving the spiritual aspect open ended.

Here's the films description:
Quote:
This National Geographic documentary explores the physical and psychological changes experienced by the human body in the moments before and after death. When does a person really die, and what happens at that precise second when life ends? While the subject both frightens and fascinates, understanding both the science of death and the ways in which our bodies hold it off are key to understanding the complete cycle of human life.

They speculate that the moment of death may not be instantaneous because different parts of the body shut down and different speeds. They cite a few cases for which people have been declared clinically dead only to wake later in the hospital morgue. Also, they touch on the fact that clinical death isn't what it used to be. For example, the heart and lungs are stopped during open heart surgury, technically death occures but they are revived after the proceedure.

What is your perspective about the moment one is dead, and what one experiences during the process(s)? I am aware that you have previously described that there is emotional and psychological baggage which takes some measure of time to transcend beyond, so what I am asking about is the process between life and death and what one can expect during this time.

Also, what are the possible implications, if any, for deciding about being buried or cremated?

Lastly, what is your perspective on the possible implications, if any, of donating organs, or a body to science? Do these things affect the process of moving into or assimilating in the spirit world by holding some of the essence back or something like that?

Thanks,
Cal