View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Just offering my current knowledge, beliefs and OPINIONS.
I believe that, while in or as Spirit, we do not see what happens in the physical plane as bad, hard, painful, frightening or negative and may view things "over here" as an adventure or an opportunity to learn or accomplish something so I eagerly chose to come here and have a ball or learn something but do not know, for now, what any of that was before I came here. When my mom crossed over and visited us right afterwards, she said that she'd be happy to "do it all again" which surprised me as I thought she's\d NEVER want to come here again after the rotten life she had lived! I realized that, from her happy, pleasant "spiritual" perspective, this may have seemed like Wonderland to her!
So, while we may see our life and world as HELL, it may look like Disney Land to Spirit.
I also believe Spirit knows that nothing 'bad' can ever happen to it in this physical plane which is really a dream compared to the reality of the Spirit realm.

Hmmm...that's different...thanks for telling us this...!! When I had my NDE and I was in that spiritual plane, I was so very saddened to learn I had to come back to this existence. I've read/heard the same thing in many NDE stories. Yet, I'm of the opinion that in a NDE situation the spirit is still connected to the ego. Some say there's a "silver thread" that once a spirit makes the final journey and the physical body is truly dead, that silver thread is severed. So, what we perceive in a NDE is still influenced by the ego. So it may be that when the spirit is finally free of the ego, our perception of this plane can be quite different. That would explain the difference in your mom's perception and those of many NDErs. So, your story about your mom's spirit's perception of this life does makes sense and for me affirms that the idea of a "silver thread" is indeed plausible.
Thanks again, jimrich...!