View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Very true. Religion/spirituality preaches Absolutism. Many currents preach that the absolute truth can be known by humans.

Enlightened guru's, self-realized souls, liberated godman, lightworkers.. they are the authorities of today's spirituality.
Nope. Just as Jesus and Saint Paul didn't lived in the endtimes (although they claimed they did), nor did the people who witnessed world war two were living in the endtimes, nor those in the Middle Ages, or those living under colonial rule etc. etc. etc. Many people like to interpret old scripture and fit it in their own time, to make sense of the randomness and destructive forces in nature.

I have my reservations against your opinions about the randomness of nature and prophecies and would like to point at very concrete prophecies like Nostradamus predicting the CCP persecution of Falun Dafa to take place in July 1999 and it would last for 20 years. Also in the bible it is said judgment will arrive "Like a thief"... Many people will walk the earth without noticing anything until it happens.

So there are many prophecies pointing to our times being the endtimes. Also Edgar Cayce said 1999 would be the start of Armageddon and true Christianity would come out of China.

I quote Einstein: "God doesn´t play dice."

I quote Newton: “About the Time of the End, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition”