View Single Post
Old 30-04-2018, 10:45 AM
bartholomew

A Note About Channeling

This is just a short post to say that in my experience as a conscious channel the feelings that are present during a session indicate a connection to some higher place. One that I normally do not move about in. In this state I either speak to a group or write in private. No matter. There is a rush of ideas and images that sometimes come at me so fast that I cannot keep up. Later I try to analyze with the aim of improving. One thing I note, always note, is that after the session ends and I "come down" again and read what transpired I find that since the connection is gone and the "magic" with it the narrative lacks the vitality it seemed to have just a few moments before.

The above is the way it is with me so very often. So to compensate I always try to write quickly and to remember. I also try to proof read immediately but this is not easy as I am often tired from the effort.

These comments seem to confirm to me that the connection was real and not imagined. One more thing that I didn't say is that the usual progression of time seems different too.

I've been at it now for a couple of decades, almost three, with channeling. I know from speaking with other channels that most of this is common. The last thing to say is this. When a session begins it does so suddenly. I can feel it. I feel the connection being made. And I can sense now that my consciousness is expanded too. Later it stops and things go back to normal.

I am relating all this so that those who have an interest might gain some insights. Will you experience the same things as I? I would say that you would, yes but not necessarily so dramatically. I'm a Gemini after all and we tend to overdo things.

If there are those reading this who think they have a calling to be a channel I say just relax and allow it to happen. There is not too much difference between a writer with a vivid imagination at work on a novel and a channel doing his or her thing. I think the two are similar.

A last comment is this. Just before I began conscious channeling I was contacted by my friend in spirit, Bartholomew in an explicit way (automatic writing). I have spoken with others who shared such an experience. Is this common? Maybe. The prospective channel might watch for such an event.

James